Monday, December 24, 2007

Sprint Blackberry 8130 Review

I bought the new sprint 8130 for my girlfriend about a week ago. So far the phone has been amazing. First things first (internet speed) sprint has claimed that the internet speed on the 8130 would be much faster with the new data plan and the updated blackberry OS and they weren't kidding either. Its definitely noticeably faster and the new OS has many cool new features. Call quality is great like all blackberries but the mic does seem to pick up a lot of background noise but my 8830 does that as well so its nothing new. Voice notes on the 8130 are a cool new touch and for some could be a good tool personally I'd probably never use that tool. On to the camera. The camera has been switched to the other side of the blackberry now. Not a big deal but you might have to wait a bit for custom cases to come out to fit the phone. I tried last week and they weren't out yet, I was told they would be in the following friday so you should be able to get your hands on a quality silicone case by now. The camera quality is 2.0 megapixels which is good for a phone and I was very impressed with the pictures it took. Although for some reason if you pin an image or send an image you take over BB messenger it seems to downgrade the quality a lot. Which is very unfortunate because if you want to send a good image you either have to send an email or use a text message. The phone has two custom shortcut buttons on the sides, something I wish my 8830 had because its a nice touch. The sure type keyboard was a little tough for me to get used to just because I'm a full QWERTY kinda guy and can't stand suretype keyboards but I played with it a little and actually didn't mind it to much. Plus you can customize your own words so that there a part of the word selection which came in handy for things like website screen names and loggins. If you absolutely hate the suretype you could always just turn it off but you'll have to deal with an annoying little ABCD icon in the top right corner that's always on to notify you that suretype is off. All an all if you like the pearl its a great phone and worth the price tag that I payed 200.00 USD with mail in rebates although. The only downfall to the phone is the lack of color choice. A type of purple, nothing that a silicone case won't hide though. On a 1 to 5 scale the 8130 gets a 4.8



Sent from my CrackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well my phone is pretty awesome!..i'd give it a 5 out of 5 though. and the color is a navy blue not purple...the cilicone cases are available but in short supply..oh and my phone has spell check too =)